Wednesday 6 January 2010

I'm A Guru

Apart from the snow and ice, what's the next most important thing on people's minds ? Yes, it's the start of the New Year, so it's time to make those life changing resolutions. Or fail to keep them more like.
But for those with less willpower there is a whole back up system out there of self-appointed experts who are ready not only to help you change your life for the better, but charge you for it too.
I had no idea it was all such an industry but it seems even the hippies have gone capitalist. Buy my book, pay me £1,000 to attend my workshop on re-birthing, my CD will help you enjoy a better life.
It all sounds and looks so interesting. I haven't made any resolutions myself, but I have been considering changing my life. I've thought I might get a job for a start. Maybe I'll be a life coach, write my book, make some dosh.
Here's my first piece of advice, for free, to the lost, the permanently panicked, the confused, unhappy, the stressed-out.
First, imagine the worst thing that can possibly happen to you. Second, consider letting it happen without a struggle. Now, after the event, ask yourself this question; Am I still alive ?
On reflection, maybe the book and complimentary CD won't be forthcoming. I think I'll stick to trying to save the world instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment